Domain locking is a security enhancement offered to prevent the following;
- Modification of the domain name including;
- Transferring of the domain
- Deletion of the domain name
- Modification of the domain name contact details
- Modification of the name servers
We recommend that you lock your domain to prevent unauthorised changes and mistakes from being made. You'll be substantially protected from unauthorized third parties who might try to misdirect your name servers or transfer your domain without your permission
You can lock/unlock your domain through your client area or alternatively you can contact support and we can do this for you.
Domain's can still be renewed even when the domain is locked.
(Please note that .uk domains cannot be locked)