Tsohost Knowledge Base

How do I dispute a UK domain?

Modified Thursday 14th August, 2014 at 12:06

Was this helpful?

The following options are available for dealing with a disputed domain name:

Negotiate the transfer with the current registrant.

The simplest option, if the current registrant is agreeable. All you need to do is order the transfer of the domain and then ask the current registrant to change the IPS tag.

Use the Court process.

If your dispute involves trade mark law, complicated contract issues or you require a court order for an injunction, costs or damages you will want to consider taking independent legal advice.

Use Nominet's Dispute Resolution Service (DRS).

The DRS is intended to be a cheap and quick way of resolving clear cases of domain name abuse.

To make a successful DRS complaint you will need to prove that you have rights to the name or mark that is identical or similar to the domain name. And that the domain name in the hands of the current registrant, is an abusive registration.

Further information can be found here, Dispute Resolution Service (DRS)

Still can't find what you're looking for?

That's not a problem. Our 24/7 customer support team are friendly and waiting to help answer your questions. The easiest way to get in touch is to raise a support ticket; simply click the button below.

Open Support Ticket